Discontinued - Plantronics/Poly Savi W710 Wireless Headset
Availability: Out of Stock/Call for Availability
Condition: NEW in box
Warranty: 2 Year (Direct with Manufacturers)
100% Australian Stock and Local Support
- WORKS WITH: Phone + PC + mobile
- Headband style
- Incredibly comfortable
- 9 hours talk time
- 100m wireless range
FREE Lifetime Support
Forever, always, tomorrow, next week, next year
We love talking about headsets, and we love helping you find the right one. Before you’ve even made a purchase, give us a call to tell US what YOU want, what you need, and what you expect. After you’ve made your purchase, we’re with you every step of the way, with FREE remote lifetime support.
And when we say lifetime support, we mean lifetime support... no matter how far down the track, our experts are here to answer your questions, help with troubleshooting, or give you technical support.
Express Courier Delivery
Australian-wide flat rate of $15
We send out all of our items with speed and security in mind - over 82,000 packages were delivered to Australian businesses by our Express Couriers last year alone.
No matter how much you order, and no matter where in Australia you are located, you’ll only pay a single flat rate of $15 including GST.
Returns & Exchanges, Minus the Stress
If you’re not 100% satisfied, returns are 100% hassle free.
We back up our Satisfaction Guarantee claim with our Easy Returns Policy.
If the Simply Headsets product you purchased doesn’t meet your expectations, simply return it to us within 14 days and our team will help you find the one that is.
Trusted by over 62,963 Australian Businesses
Let us earn your trust and exceed your expectations
We’re commitment to excellent and consistent customer service, with the entire Simply Headsets team having one goal in mind; to exceed your expectations.
Join over 62,963 Australian organisations that have put their trust in our service and improved their communications. With our 100% satisfaction guarantee you know that when you’re with us, you’re backed all the way.
At Simply Headsets we make choosing the right headset easy with Australia’s best guarantee. We want you to be completely happy with your new headset so...
If it’s not right, and you change your mind for whatever reason, just send it back to us within 14 days of receipt and we’ll swap if for one you are happy with.
For all terms and conditions please see the easy returns section of the site.
Invoice Terms & Purchase Order Available
Trusted by more than 7,500 Australian organisations
If you are a .gov or .edu and haven’t ordered from us before, it’s super easy. Give us a call on 1300 889 728 to speak with someone in our sales team. We can help to raise an official quote for you to take to your accounts/purchasing team to assist them in raising a Purchase order.
Once the PO has been raised in your system just send us a copy. Your invoice will then reference the Purchase Order Number (PO#) that you provide and goods will be shipped out on the agreed payment terms.
Even though you’re completely covered by our unique Easy Exchange policy, if you are looking to place a bulk order and aren’t sure which headset is right for your department’s needs, speak to our team, in some cases we may be able to arrange a trial.
Your contribution to building a better world
When you become part of the Simply Headsets community, you’ll be making a difference with your very first purchase. $5.00 from every first time purchaser will go towards our chosen charity, B1G1. B1G1 provides people with the opportunity to access a loan in order to better their lives and bring their communities out of poverty, and the best part is that 100% of the money goes directly to the person who needs it.
Plantronics/Poly Savi 710 Wireless Headset
The new Plantronics/Poly Savi W710 is part of the latest 700 series consummate all-in-one that works with all your devices in the office (desk phone + computer + mobile). Just by looking at it you can tell it’s a very comfortable headset and it’s packed with all the latest Plantronics/Poly technology. The big bonus is the 710, like the CS510 (office phone only), is also very robust so you don’t have to be precious with it.
However, it is important to note that the W710 does not work with your mobile phone when outside of the office. This is probably just as well because you may look a little strange with an over the head model in the car or walking around. If you are after a headset that works when you’re on the go too then check out the Jabra Motion Office . If it’s for the office only then the 710 really is a clever choice.
If you’re looking to answer calls away from your desk you'll need a HL10 handset lifter or an Electronic Hook Switch depending on the phone you have (call our staff for assistance). This device fits on your telephone base and lifts the hand piece up or down when you push a button on your headset, letting you answer and hang up on calls from anywhere in the office. A handset lifter for this headset is available separately, or as a great value pack.
So let’s start by reviewing…..
What is Poly? Plantronics + Polycom have merged to create Poly
The Plantronics/Poly W710 is probably the most functional of all the all-in-one models. It offers the longest talk time, the most durable build design and it’s comfortable. If you’re looking for an over the ear - not over the head wearing style - then go for the Plantronics/Poly Savi W730.
The sound quality as you’d expect at this level is spot on and employs cutting edge DECT wireless technology and wideband audio to deliver crystal clear audio. The 710 Enhanced Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology also claim to produces even more natural voice sounds (though you’d have to be an audiophile to pick the difference).
One very smart addition to the W710 is Voice-Dedicated DECT™ technology. This eliminates the possibility of interference with other wireless devises and uses a voice only signal. This is so clever but so logical and their R&D team really deserve kudos for this.
As you’d expect from a headset of this calibre the noise-cancelling is excellent and allows you to be understood even in the noisiest of office environments.
The Plantronics/Poly W710 also offers users their latest adaptive power system that increases or reduces power consumption, based on your distance from the base station. For the user this translates to extended battery life and gives you up to 9 hours talk time, which is enough to satisfy the needs of even the most ardent workaholic!
The Plantronics/Poly 710, like all their new wireless models, also lets you conference in other headset users (up to 3). This is a brilliant feature in call centres and where a manager may need to get on a call.
The one touch controls for call answer/end, vol +/-, mute and flash are the same no matter whether you’re on your desk phone, your computer or your mobile phone. The Plantronics/Poly 710 wireless headset also features SoundGuard technology. Without this feature you could potentially suffer from temporary/permanent hearing loss. This protects phone users from loud, potentially harmful noises. These ‘acoustic shocks’ are transmitted down phone lines as a result of dangerous customers yelling, blowing whistles, electricity spikes, weather conditions, transmission faults and the like. Plantronics/Poly SoundGuard means you’ll be protected whenever you are using your headset.
Having the extra functionality of being able to connect to your mobile phone makes the W710 a little more expensive.
Also you need to remember that it only connects to your mobile within the confines of your office and can’t be taken on the go with you. The only headset that does that is the Jabra 6470.
If you don’t even need the computer connectivity and just need a wireless headset for your office phone then check out the cheaper office phone only models.
As headset experts we believe that the latest Savi W710 actually represents exceptional value. One headset for all your communications devices in the office – that’s so simple and easy for the modern professional.
Other Headsets You Should Consider Before Buying
If you like the over the head model it then just buy it. If you want an over the ear model, or a headset that comes with both options, then buy it’s sister, the Savi W740. Either way you won’t be sorry because the 700 series are brilliant headsets.
The Sennheiser wireless headsets don’t offer the mobile phone connectivity but not as many customers need this and for an office + computer headset this is still probably the best range we offer for looks and superb Sennheiser sound quality.
The Jabra range Pro 9470 also offers all-in-one connectivity and the range is super stylish with a sexy touch screen and is also excellent. For a headset that works both in and out of the office on all devices, have a look at the Jabra Motion Office
The reality is at this level you simply can’t go wrong.
NB The W710 comes with the base unit to mobile phone Bluetooth connectivity disabled but it's easy to turn it on...
If you connect the base unit of the headset to a PC you can enable BT via the Spokes software OR
Press these 2 buttons together for several seconds... Subscription button (bottom left of base unit, below the Bluetooth button (it has a green light) + the mobile phone button in the top edge of the base unit. The light will flash green 4 times indicate BT is enabled (if you need to disable, repeat the process till you see 4 red flashes.)
|Product Type||Computer Wireless, Office Bluetooth, Office Wireless|
|Wireless Technology||Voice dedicated DECT|
|Talk Time||9 hrs|
|Warranty||2 Year (Direct with Manufacturers)|
|Wearing Style||Over the head (one ear)|
|Connection Type||Base unit Bluetooth, Base unit to phone RJ (handset/headset port), USB|
|Software Compatabilty||Apple, Dragon Naturally Speaking, MacSpeech, Skype , Unified Communications, Voice Recognition Software , Windows|
|Ear Cushion Material||Leatherette|
|Speaker Frequency Response||150-6800Hz|
|Mic Frequency Response||150-6800Hz|
|Coverage Range||Bluetooth range|
|Coverage Range [Bluetooth]||11m (base unit to mobile phone)|
|Conference Additonal Headsets||3|
|Coverage Range [Wireless]||100m|
|Best Use||Noisy Office, Quiet Office|
|Application||Desk Phone + Computer + Mobile Phone (inside only)|
|Audio Qualities||Enhanced (DSP) Digital Sound Porcessing , Mono sound, Noise cancelling mic , Soundguard Digital , Wideband Audio, Wideband mic|
|This product is featured in||Discontinued|
- Superior Call Management
- One intelligent headset to manage your PC, mobile and desk phone calls
- Automatically routes calls to the mobile phone or headset – whichever device is within easy reach Transfer audio between headset and mobile phone with a press of a button to take calls on-the-road
- One-touch call answer/end, vol +/-, mute and flash controls across devices UC presence automatically updated when on a PC, mobile or desk phone call
- Energy efficient adaptive power system optimizes for range and talk time
- Conference in up to three additional headsets and guests can continue through multiple calls
- Savi 710 Innovative design
- Lightest DECT wireless headset on the market
- Hot swappable battery kit lets you change battery mid-conversation delivering unlimited talk time Three comfortable, customizable wearing styles
- Premium Sounds Quality
- Advanced wideband audio using CAT-iq technology for high definition voice quality
- Voice-dedicated DECT™ technology eliminates Wi-Fi interference
- Noise-canceling microphone reduces background noise interruptions
- Enhanced Digital Signal Processing (DSP) provides more natural voice sounds
The Savi® 700 series is changing the way productivity-focused office professionals communicate. With three-way connectivity, easily manage and switch between PC, desk phone, and now mobile calls from a single wireless headset. With a new convertible headset we’ve added the lightest DECT™ headset on the market to our suite of wearing styles so you can choose the one that’s best for you. Optimized for Unified Communications, the system automatically updates your status* to “busy” on PC, mobile and even desk phone calls so colleagues can see your availability. This intelligent system combines best-in-class sound quality, hands-free mobility and hours of talk time for ultimate efficiency. Once you experience a Savi 700 headset system you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.
*With supported softphones. Plantronics software is required.
- Three-way connectivity lets you easily switch and mix audio between PC, mobile and desk phones with one intelligent, wireless headset system
- Ideal for office professionals who use multiple devices and require best-in-class sound quality for their business communications
- Choose the style that’s right for you with more wearing style choices than any other wireless headset system on the market
- With one-touch call answer/end, vol+/-, mute and flash, manage calls from any connected device up to 350 feet from the charging base
- Automatically routes mobile calls to the mobile phone or headset – whichever device is within easy reach
- Transfer audio between headset and mobile phone with a press of a button so you can leave the office and take the mobile call with you
- Adaptive power system optimizes for range and talk time by automatically downshifting to low power when the headset is close to the base to save battery life and maximize density
- Collaborate between colleagues no matter which device you call them on with the ability to mix/conference audio between any two phone devices
- Conference in up to three additional Savi headsets for improved call efficiency and guest headsets can even continue through multiple calls
- With Plantronics software get the added value of:
- Headset answer/end/mute/flash control across multiple softphones
- UC presence automatically updated when on a call; not only on PC calls, but also when on mobile or desk phone calls
- Battery meter conveniently displays headset battery life remaining in PC icon tray
- Headset control panel allows for customization of settings, including call notification and related options
- UC standard version supporting one-touch call control with softphones and UC applications from Cisco®, Avaya®, Microsoft®, IBM®, Skype® and more.
- Microsoft-certified version optimized for Microsoft® Lync 2010 and Microsoft OCS 2007
What’s in The Box
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Shipping & Delivery of the Discontinued - Plantronics/Poly Savi W710 Wireless Headset
All items are couriered for speed as well as security. There is an Australian wide flat rate courier fee of only $15 inc GST no matter how many items you order.
We will not dispatch items if you do not have a physical address and orders will only be dispatched within Australia. International Shipping is not available at this time.
You will always have the opportunity to see the full amount of your purchase, including delivery charges, before you confirm your order.
Why you should shop with Simply Headsets
- Your details are safe with the highest 256 BIT security standards and we never keep your credit card details.
- We're here to help you on 1300 889 728, whether you need a hand choosing the right headset or shopping online with us. Our friendly customer service team is available from 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday (AEST).
- Genuine Australian stock with 100% manufacturer warranty.
- No surcharges on credit cards.
Support and Manuals for the Discontinued - Plantronics/Poly Savi W710 Wireless Headset
Looking for one on one support? Call our headset wizards on 1300 889 728 or you can learn more about our lifetime support here
Searching for compatible lifters/electronic hookswitches...